COVID -19 POLICIES and PRACTICES
Dear Patient and Families,
We hope that you and your family have been staying well and healthy. As we begin the process of re- opening our practice to accommodate emergency and other necessary treatment,we would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the various policies and updates that have been implemented.
While our office has maintained the strictest OSHA and CDC infection control policies even before the pandemic,We have gone above and beyond any recommendations and suggestions made at this time.Several of these processes are already put in place and expected to be complete by end of next week.
We will always be equipped with the appropriate PPE(personal protective equipment) and the most advanced technology to minimize the risk of all contagious/ transmissible diseases including COVID-19.
We request that you bear with us and be patient as we walk you through some of the changes.
- Facility enhancements
- Safety Protocols and Screening
- Personal Protective Equipment(PPE)
1. Facility enhancements
- Sneeze guard barriers have been ordered and will be installed at the front desk area(temporary barriers are put up as of now).
- Hospital grade air purifiers with H13 HEPA filters will be positioned in every operatory and front hallway. The air purifiers move air very efficiently and claims to remove particles as small as 0.1-0.3 microns.
- High Volume suctions that evacuate/remove debri and aerosols have always been a standard in our operating rooms.
- All operatories will be fogged with Hypochlorous acid solution in addition to being wiped down and sanitized with medical grade solutions in between patients.
- We are fortunate to have windows that can allow natural air circulation in all our operatories.
We are adding another layer of protection with ADS extraoral suctioning units with H14HEPA filters with UV lights to kill the viruses in the filter. 2 of these units have been ordered and expected to arrive mid June before we restart our hygiene and other high invasive drilling procedures.
2. Safety Protocols and Screening
- All patients reporting to the office will undergo a touchless temperature scan.
- Screening questionnaire recommended by the CDC and consent forms will be filled out on the day of the appointment.
- Patients presenting with symptoms or currently diagnosed with COVID or awaiting results will be re-scheduled to a minimum of 14 days or later if still symptomatic,or will be referred to a hospital setting depending on the nature of work necessary.
- We have currently closed off the waiting area and are allowing only one patient in the office at a time.
- Patients are being asked to complete most forms online through our website. If in office devices are used, it will be disinfected between each use.
- We request that all patients wear a face covering( masks or other) to their appointment.
- Elderly patients and patients with underlying medical conditions and those that are at a high risk for contracting COVID will be given priority for the first appointment for the day.
- Patients are being asked to wait in their cars or outside the office as only one patient at a time is allowed.
- While we have always welcomed Walk-Ins and same day appointments, the amount of precautions that need to be taken before and after each patient visit is no longer conducive to such types of visits.Please call our office @201-327-1311 and we will try to accommodate you as soon as we can or make referral to the appropriate specialist so you can get care in a timely manner.
4. Personal Protective Equipment(PPE)
All the staff members are provided with N95,KN95 or Level-3 surgical masks,Isolation gowns,head covers,face shields and will be used according to the type of procedure being performed.Some type of Mask will be worn at all times in order to protect our patients
We always treat our patients just the way we like to be treated and the safety and health of staff and patients is our top priority!
Dr Rajani Rao,DMD and Staff.
Please do not hesitate to call or text us @201-327-1311 if any questions or concerns.